Our founders went through what you're experiencing now and built RHA based on the home they'd want for their own adult children.
Home is a place of comfort and understanding-it's where you can trust freely, share openly, and gain the support and protection you need. Home is a lifeline for families looking for independent living for an adult child.
Resident Home Association (RHA) provides this type of compassionate home, supported by our longtime network of Direct Support Professionals (DSP) who are deeply committed to residents' needs.
We truly get what it's like to find a home for your family member. Home at RHA, residents find friendship and independence, support and services. They find a partnership that makes independence not only possible, but desirable and truly rewarding for the whole family.
Our Mission Is Centered On What Matters Most In Life
- RHA provides a safe, supportive, caring home, offering independence, friendships and engagement.
- We wrap this with vital services to ensure a high quality of life for every individual.
- Our DSPs are like extended family and advocates. Sixty percent of our DSP team has been with RHA for more than 10 year
Our Homes and Services
RHA is a private, non-profit agency providing lifelong person-centered, community-based residential services and other supports to people in Dayton, Ohio, with:
- Down Syndrome
- Other developmental disabilities
We were founded in 1966, and are a founding partner of Partners for Community Living. In 2001, we partnered with Choices in Community Living (CICL) so we can better serve residents and clients through shared resources and fundraising. We value:
- Commitment to family
- Passion for protecting and helping people
- Facing challenges together.