What is a Home Manager?
You have the ability, skill, and desire to insure the care and wellbeing of our residents. As with all careers at RHA, you are a valued extension of our residents' families.
What do you like best about being a home manager...
“There is no ‘typical’ day. You're always learning something new and different... it's a joy to be here.”
–Nafeesa, Home Manager at RHA
How a Home Manager Helps Others
The Home Manager is responsible for the operation of a family home facility/facilities. Responsibilities include:
- Supervise and coordinate the work of staff assigned in the home
- Provide direct care and services for the residents
- Participate in the development and implementation of service plans
- Assist with the orientation and training of less experienced home staff, volunteers, and community groups in cooperation with the Staff Trainer
Is a Home Manager Career a Fit For You?
Do you enjoy work with plenty of social interaction and variety? Do you enjoy shopping, seeing movies and attending community events? Do you want to make a difference? Do you enjoy challenges and celebrate success? Do you believe that everyone has the right to a safe and nurturing home in the community?
If you answered yes, a Home Manager career might be the right fit for you!
You're Part of Our Family
We support the team that cares for our family of residents and individuals who participate in our day programs. When you're a Home Manager with RHA, you have access to resources and ongoing support.
- Comprehensive orientation process
- Job training (experience not required-passion for people necessary!)
- Continuous education
- Specialized training to learn new skills
- Job security in a recession-proof career
- Competitive salary, signing bonus, paid vacation and benefits
Home Manager Job Qualifications
Are you interested in pursuing a fulfilling career as a DSP at a human services organization that puts people first? Let's talk more about what it means to be a DSP.
Some qualifications include:
- A four-year degree in a related field is preferred; however, appropriate training work and supervisory experience shall be a consideration
- Be an excellent record keeper
- Pass background checks
- Provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities according to the RHA Code of Ethics